The wind hurts my face, it’s dark when I leave the house in the morning, and we are months away from Opening Day, much less impeachment. Still, the end of the holidays means it’s time to get caught up on podcasts. Here are a few of my current favorites.
- Pod Save America: This has been mandatory listening since the former Obama staffers launched in the wake of Donald Trump’s win. Generally I don’t like being reminded of this stuff so early in the morning, but the gallows humor helps me with the drive and the guys are generally able to talk me off the ledge so it’s all good.
- Slow Burn: A Podcast About Watergate: Know your history.
- Stuff You Should Know: I sort of want to be friends with Josh and Chuck. I find their voices especially soothing as I’m falling asleep. That’s not creepy. Their most recent episode….”How Impeachment Works”. You may notice a theme here.
- Radiolab: For the stories.
- Radiolab: For the stories. About the Supreme Court.
- This American Life: Duh.
- Revisionist History: Because Malcolm Gladwell is gold.
- Ear Hustle: This one is new to me. I’ve only listened to three episodes. It is produced by inmates at San Quentin and takes listeners inside. I’ll tell you more later.
There’s a bunch more. So what Podcasts get you through your morning commute?